This Privacy Notice applies to information that The Dateline Communications Private Limited including subsidiaries, affiliates, joint ventures and franchises that you are interacting with (referred to collectively in this Privacy Notice as “Dateline Communications Private Limited”, “expressnews.network”, “we”, “us”, “our” and other similar pronouns) collect through those Dateline Communications Private Limited websites and mobile application (hereinafter, “our websites”) which make this Privacy Notice available (each such website and mobile application, a “Service”).
This Privacy Notice explains the types of information we may collect, how we may use and disclose the information once it is collected, and, where applicable, how you can stop us from collecting, using, disclosing or continuing to hold your information. We want to ensure that in using any of the Services, you understand the terms of this Privacy Notice, including any subsequent changes made to the Privacy Notice as described in Part 11 below, and are aware of the privacy choices available to you. Please note that this Privacy Notice does not apply to information that you may provide to us, or that we may obtain, where a separate Privacy Notice is made available to you or which does not make this Privacy Notice available.
During your use of a Service (whether as a registered or unregistered user), you may provide us with personal information, such as your name and email address, or other information that could be used to identify you as an individual or allow someone to contact you, as well as any information associated with such information (collectively, “Personal Information”). Personal Information includes both things that specifically identify you (like your real name) and things that don’t specifically identify you, but might be connected back to you (like the IP address of your computer or the device identifier of your smartphone).
When using our Services from a mobile device (a “Mobile Service”), you may share the geographic location of your device with us. Your device location may be transmitted to us whenever a Mobile Service is running (even if you are not actively using the Mobile Service or it is running in the background on your device). Your device may continue to transmit its location to us until you change your device settings.
If you set your device not to transmit location information to us, certain features of our Services may not be available or their functions may be limited. For example, you will have to manually enter a location when conducting a search. You should also know that turning off location sharing only prevents your device from sharing its precise location. Your network service provider may still provide general location information (based on access points you’ve connected to, for example). The information provided varies by network service provider. You should check with your network service provider to find out what information is provided and if there are ways for you to limit it.
As is typical of many websites and mobile applications, when you use our Services, we may collect information about your device and your usage of our Services including:
· Your IP address (which we may associate with your domain name or that of your Internet access provider or wireless carrier, and your location);
· Unique ID number associated with your device;
· Other unique identifiers such as advertising identifiers (e.g., “ad-ID” or “IDFA”);
· Web browser and operating system information;
· Language of your device;
· Wireless connections you are using;
· Referring page that linked you to us;
· Your activities, including browsing and transaction history;
· Pages, content, and ads you view or click on during your use of our Services, and when and for how long you do so;
· The next website you visit after leaving our website; and
· Search terms you enter on our Services or a referral site. In addition, we may deploy tracking technologies through our Services to collect additional information about your use of the Services, as set out in the “Cookies and other tracking technologies” section of this Privacy Notice.
We or our service providers may use the information we collect from or about you to perform the following functions:
· administer our Services and your account with us;
· enable you to use our Services and their features;
· customize our Services to your interests and history with us;
· localize the content and articles that are displayed to you based on your geographical location;
· conduct market research;
· improve or develop new features and offerings in our Services;
· tailor ads displayed to you in our Services and elsewhere;
· send you marketing and other communications, including information about products, services, or events that we think might be of interest to you;
· assess your level of interest in and use of our Services, emails, and other messaging campaigns, both on an individual basis and in aggregate;
· generate analytics reports on the usage of our Services; and
· respond to your requests, questions, and concerns protecting our rights and property.
We may also use Personal Information to meet our internal and external audit requirements and for information security purposes. Where permissible under applicable law, your Personal Information may be used for other purposes, which will be disclosed to you at the time when your information is collected. There may be instances, however, when we will use your Personal Information for purposes that were not disclosed at the time of the data collection; for example, when doing so is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or requirement. We may use Personal Information to:
(a) respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence;
(b) enforce our terms and conditions; and
(c) protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or those of other persons.
Some of the uses specified above are necessary for the performance of a contract between us, or for the provision of a service requested by you. In other cases, the uses are based on our legitimate interests such as marketing our services to people who have expressed an interest in them or similar services.
We may share your information:
· with our lawyers, auditors, and other professional advisors, third party advertising companies (including exchanges and brokers) and third party providers of services such as cloud storage, customer relationship management systems, travel and expense management, analytics databases, who need your information to provide services to us (or on our behalf);
· when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government agency, law enforcement, judicial or public authority, or other legal request, or to comply with the law;
· in connection with a proposed corporate change or dissolution, including for example a merger, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, sale of assets or wind down of business.
We may share non-personally identifiable information about usage of the Services (including aggregate data) with others, for their own use, in a de-identified form.
In addition, what you voluntarily post to public areas of our Service may be available to other Service users.
The information described in this section of the Privacy Notice, with respect to the transfer of data outside the EEA, applies to those individuals located in the EEA. To process information of individuals located in the EEA for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, it is sometimes necessary for us to share your personal data outside the EEA, for example:
· with our offices outside the EEA;
· with service providers located outside the EEA;
· if you are based outside the EEA;
· where we consider that the transfer is necessary for exercising, establishing or defending legal rights including, as appropriate, providing information to respond to a government, law enforcement, judicial or other legal request, or otherwise to comply with applicable law.
Non-EEA countries might not have the same legal framework for data protection as the EEA countries. In particular, India, which is the most common destination of our transfers of Personal Information outside the EEA, is not considered to provide a level of personal data protection equivalent to that of the EEA. We will, however, ensure the transfers comply with EU data protection law. Our standard practice is to use standard data protection contract clauses approved by the European Commission as the basis for such data transfers. You may read more about this on the European Commission Justice website at:
If you would like further information, please see the “Contact us” section below.
We use reasonable technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect Personal Information collected via our Services. We cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from unauthorized access or use (e.g., by hackers). You use the Services, and send us information, at your own risk.
If you correspond with us by email, text message, or using a “Contact us” feature on our Service, a third party could view the information you send in transit by such means. We have no liability relating to disclosure of your information due to errors, omissions or unauthorized acts or failures to act by third parties during or after transmission.
If you create an account on our Services, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you shall be responsible for any activity, including disclosure of your Personal Information, that occurs using your account credentials, whether or not you authorized such activity. Please notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. If we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our care may have been compromised, we will endeavor to notify you of that development promptly taking into consideration the circumstances. If we have your email address, we may notify you by email. Where legally required to do so, we also will notify any applicable regulator.
Cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies (collectively ‘cookies’) are files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to any internet enabled device – such as your computer, smartphone or tablet – when you visit a website.
Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies do lots of different and useful jobs, such as remembering your preferences, generally improving your online experience, and helping us to offer you the best product and services.
There are many types of cookies. They all work in the same way, but have minor differences. For a detailed list of cookies used on our websites, please refer to the below relevant section.
The cookies you consent to, are also used to collect your personal data which we then profile into audiences so that we can deliver targeted advertising tailored to your interests and limit the number of times you see an advertisement.
We also insert cookies in emails and newsletters to improve our content and advertising.
What cookies do we use?
The cookies used on Dateline Communications Private Limited websites may be generally categorised as follow:
· Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential to make Dateline Communications Private Limited websites work correctly, they enable you to move around our websites and use our features. Without these cookies, services like shopping baskets cannot be provided. Examples include remembering previous actions (e.g. entered text) when navigating back to a page in the same session.
. Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? These cookies do not identify you as an individual. If you do not accept these cookies, it may affect the performance of the website, or parts of it.
· Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our websites, for instance which pages you go to most often, the time spent on our websites, and any issues encountered, such as error messages. These cookies are also used to let affiliates know if you came to one of our websites from an affiliate and if your visit resulted in the use or purchase of a product or service from us, including details of the product or service purchased. This helps us improve the performance of our websites.
· Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? These cookies do not identify you as an individual. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
· Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow our websites to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) to provide a more personalised online experience. These cookies may also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. Similarly, they may be used to keep track of what featured products or videos have been viewed to avoid repetition, and to enable you to play games and engage with social tools, such as blogs, chatrooms and forums.
· Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? The information these cookies collect may include personal data that you have disclosed. If you do not accept these cookies, it may affect the performance and functionality of the website and may restrict access to content on the website.
· Targeting or Advertising Cookies: These cookies are used to deliver content that is more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to deliver targeted advertising or limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns on Dateline Communications Private Limited and non-Dateline Communications Private Limited websites. They remember that you have visited one of our websites and this information is shared with other parties, including advertisers and our agencies. These cookies may also be linked to site functionality provided by third-parties.
· Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? Most types of these cookies track consumers via their Device ID or IP address therefore they may collect personal data.
· Third-Party Cookies: We use a number of partners that may also set cookies on your device on our behalf when you visit our websites to allow them to deliver tailored Dateline Communications Private Limited advertising within their domains, for example Facebook and Google DoubleClick. We endeavour to identify these cookies before they are used so that you can decide whether you wish to accept them or not. We also use a number of partners to provide digital experiences and functionalities on our websites. For example, while browsing Dateline Communications Private Limited websites you may be served cookies from third-parties who provide some of its features on our websites (e.g., a YouTube video), although you have withdrawn or declined your consent to our cookies. This happens because you have directly given your consent to the use of their cookies. In such cases, you should directly withdraw your consent on the relevant third-party website.
· Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? Based on the type of cookies used by the relevant third-party, the information these cookies collect may include personal data.
You may read more about this on our Cookie Notice.
We maintain a presence on social media and other external platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter. We may occasionally incorporate third party social networking features into our Services. This Privacy Notice applies to our use of information you submit to us there, but it does not apply to what those third-party platforms do with your information.
Our Services may allow you to share information with us that you have already provided to a third party social networking platform. For example, you may be able to create an account on our Service or log in to our Service using your Facebook account or other third-party credentials. If you do so, Personal Information or other data that you have provided to the third party may be made available to us by that third party subject to its own Privacy Notice, terms, and conditions. Privacy Notice of social networks and other external platforms explain how those third parties use, protect, and share your information, including any information you share on those platforms from our Services, and we encourage you to read them. The information we receive from these platforms may depend on your privacy settings. Any such information that we obtain will remain subject to that third party’s Privacy Notice and we will use any such information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We may also include tools in our Services that allow you to share or publicly post content from our Services to your profile on a third party social network. You may choose to share information about your activities on the Service with such third party platforms and its users, including publishing your information about what content you may have viewed on our Services. If you visit a Service while logged into certain social media platforms, the social media platform may be able to identify your browser and associate the technical information provided by your web browser with other information that they have already collected about you, which may result in their ability to identify you. In addition, when you choose to share information about your activities on the Service with certain social media platforms, Dateline Communications Private Limited may send technical information about you to that platform as well as information about what content you are viewing.
Our Service may contain links, banners, widgets, or advertisements that lead to third-party websites. We are not responsible for these other websites, and so their posted privacy policies (not this Privacy Notice) will govern the collection and use of your information on them. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of websites visited after leaving our Services to learn about how your information is treated by others.
Our Services may contain certain co-sponsored content and you may be requested to provide additional Personal Information to the co-sponsor of such content. We will disclose to you when you are submitting Personal Information to co-sponsors. The information practices of any third party co-sponsors are governed by their own privacy policies and are not covered by this Privacy Notice.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Services.
When you view an advertisement, whether or not you click on it, the advertiser, advertising technology companies, web analytics companies and service providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our business partners may collect some information from or about you. These companies may use information about your visits to the Services, the geographic location where your IP address indicates you are located, as well as other information about (which such companies may obtain via your use of our Services or elsewhere) you in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. These advertisements may appear in our Services and on other online properties or mobile applications. These companies may employ cookies, clear GIFs and other tracking technologies to cause relevant ads to be displayed to you. We do not control any such technologies that may appear in our Services or other online properties or mobile applications. The information practices of these third parties are governed by their own privacy policies and are not covered by this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to read these business privacy policies to learn about how they treat your information.
For more information about third-party advertisers and how to prevent them from using your information, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s site at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or the Network Advertising Initiative’s site at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. However, if you opt-out we may still suggest offerings (including content sponsored by third-parties) to you on our Service based on your history or your account preferences.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” (“DNT”) signals to mobile applications with which the user communicates. We currently do not change our tracking practices (which are explained in more detail under “Service Usage Information” above) in response to DNT settings in your web browser.
Our third party partners, such as web analytics companies and third party ad networks, may collect information about you and your online activities over time and across our Services and other online properties. These third parties may not change their tracking practices in response to DNT settings in your web browser and we do not obligate these parties to honor DNT settings. We utilize Google Analytics for our web analytics and you can opt out of your usage data being included in our Google Analytics reports by visiting:
You may review, update or correct certain of the Personal Information that is stored in your user account in our Services (if you have one) by using the “Contact Us” information below. We may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information. Your right to delete information is subject to our records retention policies.
You can opt out of our promotional emails by clicking the opt-out/unsubscribe link within the email you receive. Please understand that it may take us a few days to process any opt out request and that even if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions, and communications with us.
In some jurisdictions, including in the countries of the European Economic Area, you have the right, in certain circumstances, to:
(i) require us delete your Personal Information,
(ii) require us to restrict processing of your Personal Information (for example, if you contest the accuracy of that information),
(iii) receive a copy of the Personal Information you provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or instruct us to transmit that data to a third party; and
(iv) object to our continued processing of your Personal Information, for direct marketing (including profiling) or other purposes. You can exercise these rights free of charge by contacting us using the details in the “Contact us” section below.
Your Personal Information will be held for the purposes and uses set out in this Privacy Notice and for as long as there is a legal, taxation, accounting, risk management or business requirement to do so. Different retention periods apply to different types of records and data which are dependent on the nature of your interaction with Dateline Communications Private Limited.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the changed Privacy Notice on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. In some cases, we may also tell you about changes by additional means, such as by sending an email to the email address we have on file for you.
The Services are not aimed at children. If, however, we collect and use information about children, we will comply with industry guidelines and applicable laws.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us at:
expressnews.network - Questions that shape tomorrow.
Dateline Communications Private Limited
Room No. 26, Tagore House (South Wing),
A-Zone, Durgapur, West Bengal, India.
Postcode - 713204
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you may raise about our use of your information.
Individuals located in the EEA have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority of the EEA state where you work or live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. A list of the supervisory authorities can be found here: